Saturday, March 29, 2008

WTFO

And CC goes down in flames. How can the big ice and altitude have no impact on MSU? CC could not play their game, it was pretty bad. Bachman played as well as could be expected but their offense could not put up the points to help him. I'll give credit to MSUs defense. They blocked a lot of shots and passes last night. Not the most interesting game to watch, but it worked.

On to today's predictions. I've already provided my first round picks, so I won't repeat those.

Michigan vs. Clarkson
It has to be Michigan. They looked really solid yesterday. While Clarkson's goalie played well yesterday, I think Michingan's speed will eat them alive.

Notre Dame vs. Michigan State
I was surprised by NDs offense, but the way MSU played yesterday should slow them down. Lerg can handle the easy shots from the outside. The only way for ND to win this one is to crash the net and hope for rebounds. They have to make short passes and carry the puck into the zone with speed. You can beat the 3 back system by getting around the corner. I'm still going to have to go with MSU on this one, even though I don't want to see 2 CCHA teams in the Frozen Four.

No comments: